Maternal-Fetal Medicine for High-Risk Pregnancies
Argon & Aldridge, born at EIRMC.
For some women, pre-existing health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or asthma make their pregnancies risky from the start.
But even normal pregnancies can become complicated quickly when unforeseen conditions arise, like pre-term birth, gestational diabetes, or hypertension.
That's why EIRMC has the region's only specialists in perinatology and neonatology- just in case.
If you are a concerned about a high-risk pregnancy, perinatalogists work collaboratively with your OB/GYN to bring you peace of mind, allowing you to remain close to home and support systems while still receiving high-quality expertise and access to state-of-the-art procedures, if necessary.
Personalized to meet the unique qualities of your pregnancy, our comprehensive services include the following:
- Consultations and recommendations
- Obstetric ultrasound for fetal screening and growth
- Specialized ultrasound to evaluate the fetus for birth defects and chromosomal and genetic syndromes
- Genetic screening and counseling
- 1st trimester nuchal translucency screening
- Prenatal testing- non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT), cystic fibrosis (CF), rhesus (Rh)D genotyping
- Antenatal testing- non stress testing (NST), biophysical profile (BPP), amniotic fluid index (AFI)
- Middle cerebral artery doppler studies
- Monitoring for Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) and Twin Reversed Arterial Perfusion (TRAP)
- Diabetic counseling and management
- Co-management of maternal-fetal medicine conditions, such as preterm labor, incompetent service and PROM